Internet Connection Downtime
1. July 31, 2014 at 4:30 PM the internet connection of UP Manila / PGH was down.
2. The network team checked all the possible fault/problem that may originate from our system:
* Local Area Connection problem
* UP Manila Servers problem
* Core switch problem / configurations
* UP Manila main router problem / configurations
* UP Manila Firewall problem / Palo Alto configurations
* NAT Configuration
* IPv6 Configuration
* Local routing
- Main router and core switch
- Core switch and Palo Alto Firewall
- Core switch and UP Manila Servers
* BGP Routing and Statistics of the UPM Main Router
3. All were clear, checkup ends around 9:00PM
4. The problem were the routes outside the UPM Network and was identified with the help of ASTI-Preginet.
5. Around 12:15 AM August 1, 2014 the email was sent to the PLDT to stop advertising/peering the UP Manila IP Block.
6. At 2:00 AM the connection was restored.